Costs at a glance
Nobody likes paying legal costs, but we believe it’s much better to be up front about it at the outset rather than leave it till later when it might be a nasty surprise. That’s why we have collected all of the services that we can give fixed-cost estimates for onto this page, so that you can find them easily.
For some things, (like conveyancing) we can provide you with a fixed quote, but that quote depends on a lot of different factors. That’s why we have launched a conveyancing quote generator. All you have to do is put the information in, and it will give you a quote in seconds complete with all the disbursements and charges that you will need to pay.
For wills and probate, our current charges are as follows (note that mileage fees may be payable for home visits, together with £4 plus VAT for electronic identification);
- Single will: £150 plus £30 VAT (£180)
- Pair of mirror wills: £220 plus £44 VAT (£264)
- Single will with trust: £250 plus £50 VAT ( £300)
- Pair of mirror wills with trust: £300 plus £60 VAT (£360)
- Single will with discretionary trust and letter of wishes (£275 plus £55 VAT (£330)
- Pair of mirror wills with discretionary trust and letter of wishes (£550 plus £110 VAT (£660)
- Single codicil £75 plus £15 VAT (£90)
- Pair of mirror codicils £110 plus £22 VAT (£132)
- Preparation of draft wills including letter of advice £75 plus £25 VAT (£90)
- Severance of joint tenancy £50 plus £10 VAT (£60)
- Transfer of property to joint names £175 plus £35 VAT (£210)
- First registration of unregistered property £200 plus £40 VAT (£240)
- Home visit £50 plus £10 VAT (£60)
- Single person, one power of attorney £350 plus £70 VAT (£420)
- Single person, two powers of attorney £550 plus £110 VAT (£660)
- Couple, 1 power of attorney each £500 plus £100 VAT (£600)
- Couple, 2 powers of attorney each £900 plus VAT (£1,080)
- Grant of probate only IHT205 £750 plus £150 VAT (£900)
For a full quote, it is always best to speak to us. Once we have all the information we need, we will be able to give you a precise figure.
As you know, the cost of some of the services we provide depend on how much time it takes to deal with, such as litigation. In these kinds of cases we will provide you with a detailed estimate before we start work, including any disbursements we might have to incur on your behalf. As the case progresses we will give you updates, so that you always know exactly where you are.
Every case is different; for a proper estimate speak with one of our solicitors. Their contact details are listed next to the links below.
Company directors are subject to a range of statutory duties geared at protecting the interests of shareholders and corporate creditors. …
If you are selling your company - you will need a great deal of legal support especially regarding warranties - …
The rights of agency workers have been under considerable government scrutiny recently, and changes are on the horizon that will …