Costs at a glance
We believe it is much better to be up front about legal costs at the outset rather than leave it until later when it might be a nasty surprise. That is why we have collected all of the services that we can give fixed-cost estimates for onto this page, so that you can find them easily.
For some things, (like conveyancing) we can provide you with a fixed quote, but cost will depend on a lot of different factors. We have launched a conveyancing quote generator, so all you have to do is put the information in and it will give you a quote in seconds, complete with all the disbursements and charges that you will need to pay.
For wills and probate, our current charges are as follows (note that mileage fees may be payable for home visits, together with £4 plus VAT for electronic identification);
- Single will: £150 plus £30 VAT (£180)
- Pair of mirror wills: £220 plus £44 VAT (£264)
- Single will with trust: £250 plus £50 VAT ( £300)
- Pair of mirror wills with trust: £300 plus £60 VAT (£360)
- Single will with discretionary trust and letter of wishes (£275 plus £55 VAT (£330)
- Pair of mirror wills with discretionary trust and letter of wishes (£550 plus £110 VAT (£660)
- Single codicil £75 plus £15 VAT (£90)
- Pair of mirror codicils £110 plus £22 VAT (£132)
- Preparation of draft wills including letter of advice £75 plus £25 VAT (£90)
- Severance of joint tenancy £50 plus £10 VAT (£60)
- Transfer of property to joint names £175 plus £35 VAT (£210)
- First registration of unregistered property £200 plus £40 VAT (£240)
- Home visit £50 plus £10 VAT (£60)
- Single person, one power of attorney £350 plus £70 VAT (£420)
- Single person, two powers of attorney £550 plus £110 VAT (£660)
- Couple, 1 power of attorney each £500 plus £100 VAT (£600)
- Couple, 2 powers of attorney each £900 plus VAT (£1,080)
- Grant of probate only IHT205 £750 plus £150 VAT (£900)
For a full quote, it is always best to speak to us. Once we have all the information we need, we will be able to give you a precise figure.
As you know, the cost of some of the services we provide depends on how much time it takes to deal with, such as litigation. In these kinds of cases we will provide you with a detailed estimate before we start work, including any disbursements we might have to incur on your behalf. As the case progresses we will give you updates, so that you always know exactly where you are.
Every case is different; for a proper estimate speak with one of our solicitors. Their contact details are listed next to the links below.
Good rates of debt recovery are essential in business but procedures are often too lax to achieve the results needed. …
This is an unusual post for us, but we want to make sure that our clients and other viewers of this …
You and your business partner may have a fantastic business idea and wish to launch your business as soon as …