Coronavirus – we are still open for business
I would like to reassure our clients and contacts that it is very much business as usual here at Myers and Co Solicitors. We have made changes to ensure that we can continue to provide you with the high quality services you expect from us. Our staff have been briefed and we have put the appropriate measures in place to assist with mitigating any risks and we are, of course, following the Government guidelines. Our contingency plans are robust to ensure that we can continue to deliver our services to you. Our technology and security systems are in place to support these measures.
- In the light of the Government’s announcement on 23 March 2020, we have taken the decision to close our office with immediate effect. Please do not visit us, but you can still contact us by phone or e-mail.
- Post and DX delivery will be monitored, but we will be sending all correspondence by e-mail until collection arrangements have been clarified.
- Our main switchboard on 01782 577000 is operational between 9 am and 5:30 pm, and our contact email address at firstname.lastname@example.org is being monitored. Direct dial telephones and e-mail addresses have been diverted so that they can still be used if you wish to contact one of our staff.
- Money transfers to and from our client account will be undertaken by BACS for the moment; if you wish to make a transfer or payment to us, please contact the person dealing with your matter.
- We have reviewed our money laundering procedures so that we will not require sight of original documents. We will accept scanned copies or good quality photos, provided they contain sufficient information to allow us to use electronic verification. Alternatively, AML can be completed using the Thirdfort smartphone app.
We will continue to review this response in the light of emerging public health information. Our thoughts are with all of you in these difficult times.
Stephen Myers, Managing Director
24 March 2020