Coronavirus – we are still open for business!
I would like to reassure our clients and contacts that it is very much business as usual here at Myers and Co Solicitors, and our staff are still hard at work dealing with existing matters but also with new instructions.
We have made changes to ensure that we can continue to provide you with the high quality services you expect from us. Our staff have been briefed and we have put the appropriate measures in place to assist with mitigating any risks and we are, of course, following Government guidelines. Our contingency plans are robust and have been proved to be effective over the last few weeks, and we continue to deliver our services to you.
- In the light of the Government’s announcement on 23 March 2020, we took the decision to close our office with immediate effect. Please do not visit us, but you can still contact us by phone or e-mail.
- Post and DX delivery are monitored but we are sending as much by email as we can.
- Our main switchboard on 01782 577000 is operational between 9 am and 5:00 pm, and our contact email address at firstname.lastname@example.org is being monitored. Direct dial telephones and e-mail addresses have been diverted so that they can still be used if you wish to contact one of our staff.
- Money transfers to and from our client account is being undertaken by BACS for the moment; if you wish to make a transfer or payment to us, please contact the person dealing with your matter or our accounts department through our switchboard.
- We have reviewed our money laundering procedures so that we will not require sight of original documents. We will accept scanned copies or good quality photos, provided they contain sufficient information to allow us to use electronic verification. Alternatively, AML can be completed using the Thirdfort smartphone app.
We will continue to review the position in the light of emerging public health information, and as soon as the government releases any information about easing the lock down period I will let you know how we intend to respond here.
Stephen Myers, Managing Director
22 April 2020