Dermot is a director of Myers and Co Solicitors and is the head of business services. He advises businesses on acquisitions, mergers and commercial agreements.
Dermot was admitted as a solicitor on 15 September 1998, and provides comprehensive commercial law advice to local, national and international businesses and public bodies. His knowledge and understanding of the commercial environment means that he can handle a wide range of commercial and contractual matters. Dermot has a keen eye for detail which offers him a unique advantage in business negotiations. He is also head and supervisor of the litigation and employment departments.
Dermot’s key specialisms include:
- Buying a business
- Selling a business
- Partnership agreements
- Shareholder agreements
- Supply of services contracts
- Company formation
- Drafting and advising on terms and conditions of business
- Drafting and advising on a wide range of commercial agreements
- Director and shareholder disputes
- Intellectual property
- Partnership disputes
Dermot has helped clients by:
- Advising the seller in a £7M MBO;
- Advising in the sale and purchase of professional practices such as accountants, solicitors, financial advisers and vets;
- Advising on the successful purchase of a business from a local authority employing a disabled workforce;
- Advising on the sale of a number of local companies to national and international acquirers.
Dermot has lived in the area since he was a boy and has worked in Stoke-on-Trent since 1996. He enjoys playing golf, cooking and spending time with his wife and two children, and friends.
What clients say
Myers & Co will be our port of call.
Service is second to none.
Highly recommend Myers & Co’s excellent service