Our response to Coronavirus
I would like to reassure our clients and contacts that it’s very much business as usual here at Myers and Co. Our staff have been briefed and we have put the appropriate measures in place to assist with mitigating any risks, and we are of course following current Government guidelines. Our contingency plans are robust to ensure that we can continue to deliver our services to you if we are advised to self-isolate or to home work, and our technology and security systems are in place to support this.
In the light of recent government guidance, we would like to reduce face to face Client meetings to a minimum where possible. We are more than happy to continue with face to face client meetings at this stage, but I do want to highlight to you that we also have alternative options for holding meetings and discussions via phone, or email.
The precautions we have taken to protect our Clients and our staff include the following:
- Information notices are posted throughout the office
- Gel sanitisers are available in all rooms
- “High touch” areas of public rooms are cleaned daily, in addition to routine cleaning
- We have instituted a protocol for meetings in the office, including a minimum distance of 2 m
- All crockery, cutlery and cups will be cleaned daily through the dishwasher
- Client meetings both in the office and externally will be kept to a minimum, and replaced using telephone conferencing if possible
- We have reviewed our procedures so that we will not require sight of original documents. We will accept scanned copies or good quality photos, provided they contain sufficient information to allow us to use electronic verification. Alternatively, AML can be completed using the Thirdfort smartphone app
- Please refrain from visiting our offices, or meeting face-to-face with our staff, if you are experiencing flu-like symptoms or have come into direct contact with a person who has tested positive with Coronavirus in the last 14 days
- We have asked staff who show any Coronavirus symptoms to stay away from the office
- We will advise Clients of the precautions we are taking, both in phone calls and on our website
We will continue to review this response in the light of emerging public health information.
Stephen Myers, Managing Director
16 March 2020