Let us help you
01782 577000


Make a quick enquiry


Putting your house on the market? Speak to us first

18th April 2014

Putting your house on the market? Speak to us first

Alongside your estate agent, you will also need a solicitor to help you with the sale of your home and any purchase of a new property. This transfer of ownership is known as “conveyancing”.

Your choice of advisors can make a big difference to how smoothly the whole transaction progresses, the speed of completion and in some cases whether the sale proceeds at all.

The team at Myers & Co Solicitors will always put your interests first and you should contact our property team as soon as you are starting to think about moving, and certainly
before you accept an offer on your property.

We can introduce you to a reputable surveyor and help obtain the necessary energy performance certificate. We will also point out any potential problems that could have a long term impact on the value of the property that you are considering moving to. We may also be able to advise you in your negotiations and maximise the sale
price achieved.

Local knowledge is vitally important to ensuring a stress free move. Our residential property team has good relationships with all the local estate agents, property developers, the land registry and the local authorities. These relationships ensure that, should the need arise, we can make a friendly call to push things along for you.

Our experienced team will keep you up to date on progress, and your solicitor is always available to speak to by phone, or you are welcome to pop in to our offices if you are passing.

For advice from Myers & Co Solicitors, based in Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire, contact our residential conveyancing team by calling 01782 525016 or email info@myerssolicitors.co.uk.

Click here to receive a conveyancing quote from Myers & Co Solicitors in Staffordshire.

The contents of this article are for the purposes of general awareness only.  They do not purport to constitute legal or professional advice.  The law may have changed since this article was published.  Readers should not act on the basis of the information included and should take appropriate professional advice upon their own particular circumstances.