Our solicitors are specialists in all forms of dispute resolution, and have the experience to keep your project running as smoothly as possible. We have a strong track record in the adjudication of construction disputes.
Our services include:
Support at the beginning of a project:
- Construction contract drafting-industry standard form contracts or bespoke contracts and terms and conditions;
- Review and advice on collateral warranties, consultancy agreements and bonds/guarantees;
Support during the course of a project:
- Help with contract administration;
- Reviewing and preparing
- payment and pay less notices
- notices of delay
- applications for and assessments of extensions of time
- notices of suspension/termination
- Advising on CDM Regulations;
- Advising on the operation of the Construction Act;
- Advising on the effects of insolvency of a contracting party
Advice in relation to disputes concerning:
- Entitlement to extensions of time
- Entitlement to levy liquidated damages
- Entitlement to loss and expense
- Liability for defects
- Entitlement to payment/to withhold payment
- Omissions or variations to works
- Suspension of works
- Professional negligence
Experience of all forms of dispute resolution:
- Expert determination
- Proceedings in the Technology & Construction Court
Recent work has included:
- Advising on and drafting various construction contracts and clauses including collateral warranties, cross company guarantees and performance bonds;
- Acting for a flooring contractor in an adjudication about the flooring laid at an NHS hospital;
- Advising a contractor on the legal issues arising from problems with the foundations of a number of newly built schools;
- Successfully acting for the employer in an adjudication relating to the £1 million redevelopment of a health club and spa; and
- Successfully acting in a dispute before the Technology and Construction Court regarding the interpretation of a pay when paid clause in the event of the insolvency of the main contractor.
Based in Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire, our specialist construction law solicitors offer independent legal advice and representation on all types of construction law to contractors, clients and professional advisors across the West Midlands and beyond.
To find out more, call us on 01782 577000 or contact Tim Newsome on 01782 525011 email email@example.com or contact Hannah Kennedy on 01782 525015 email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Trouble in the boardroom? - A board of directors can call upon external solicitors for impartial advice when disputes arise …
We raised £187.40 today thanks to the staff and clients who generously contributed!
Dermot Callinan explains the difference between mergers and acquisitions, the processes involved, various issues that can arise and the importance …