Sarah is Head of our employment law team, and is a solicitor in the litigation and dispute resolution department. Sarah advises companies and individuals on managing employment issues, conducting litigation and resolving disputes. She also conducts debt recovery, and has a particular interest in Housing litigation for landlords and tenants.
Sarah was admitted in 2005 and has over 10 years’ experience of advising clients throughout the UK on all aspects of employment law. She provides employers with bespoke employment documentation, such as employment contracts, employee handbook and director’s service agreements. She provides commercial advice about handling disciplinary actions, grievances and redundancies.
Sarah delivers the Myers & Co EmployerAssist service which provides businesses with the security of employment law advice for a fixed monthly cost. Our advice is supported by insurance cover from a major UK insurance company.
Sarah also regularly advises employees on settlement agreements and represents them, often through their legal expenses insurance, in employment tribunal proceedings.
Sarah also assists individuals and business clients on uncontested debt recovery. She has worked in this area for over 10 years and has helped hundreds of businesses reclaim outstanding debts, often without even having to go to court.
Sarah’s key specialisms include:
- EmployerAssist service
- Settlement agreements
- Consultancy and sub-contractor agreements
- Debt recovery
- Disciplinary, dismissal and grievance
- Employment contracts and service agreements
- Employment tribunal proceedings
- Reorganisation and redundancy
- Restrictive covenants
- Senior executive exits
- Staff handbooks and employment policies
- TUPE – business transfers and outsourcing
Sarah has helped her clients by:
- Advising on the practical implementation of employment law changes.
- Preparing and revising employment contracts and policies.
- Supporting clients through the employment aspects of changes to the structure or ownership of their business.
- Assisting with the internal process that affect employers and employees such as disciplinary and grievance.
- Negotiating termination of employment or settling disputes on mutually agreed terms.
- Drafting and sending letters before action on behalf of businesses.
- Issuing proceedings in the county court for recovery of unpaid invoices and recovering monies owed to clients.
Sarah enjoys being outdoors walking, gardening or riding. She is also interested in art and decoration.
What clients say
No improvement needed. Sarah was fantastic with me and was always really helpful. I would highly recommend her.
I was recommended to use Myers in an employment matter and received a first class service and advice from Sarah. I would use Myers again without hesitation.
Sarah Everton dealt with my employment issues. I found Sarah very understanding, thorough and she explained everything to me in relations to my rights. I was extremely pleased with the service provided and will definitely recommend.
I would like to thank Sarah for her patience with this case and with me when I got frustrated. Sarah guided me on parts to deal with it myself to allow me to keep the costs under control, which I am very thankful for.
Myers & Co Solicitors could not have been more helpful, kept us well informed without bombarding us with ‘no news’ info – well done!
Sarah Everton was fantastic throughout. Reliable and a very good service.
I felt very comfortable discussing my details with Sarah, she made me feel at ease. Just want to say thank you for dealing with my case the way you did – I was very confident everything was done perfectly.
Quick, reliable, professional
Sarah was brilliant, explaining everything and sorting very quickly and efficiently. With sarahs help it put my mind at ease. I would like to thank Sarah and Myers very very much and I would highly recommend. Thank you very much.